During today’s 3D Realms “Realms Deep 2022” digital showcase, the company announced “Warpaws,” a real-time tactical strategy featuring cats and dogs battling it out in an alternate world in using weapons inspired by World War II.
In development by Slipgate Ironworks, 2B Games and publisher Fulqrum Publishing, Warpaws is set to release on PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch and PC in Q1 2023! Check out the trailer below.
Here’s more info on the game (via Steam):
Which is better, cats or dogs?
Warpaws is a real-time strategy game where cats and dogs battle it out in a lightweight alternate world using WWII-inspired weaponry. Wage all-out war, shown through the lens of classic cartoon-inspired art with slapstick humor. Will you achieve military perfection or will your soldiers have a hard day in hell?
Inspired by the legendary Z
Unleash strategic carnage across five battle-torn biomes. Deploy spies for stealthy confrontations, send in bazooka-wielding soldiers to dominate sand dune skirmishes, or assemble a mix of gunners, engineers, and flaming pyros to suit any engagement. Each unit is autonomous; instead of replacing them with direct upgrades, all characters have their own specialties.
Primary goal: Have fun!
Fight in a single-player campaign or compete against other players in a variety of multiplayer modes. Call on a trusted ally and take down AI forces in co-op mode, compete in online matches against modes, or become the king of the hill champion. Master each map type – Desert, Polar, Lava, City, Islands – and take advantage of their different terrains. Destroy frozen lakes to drown platoons, lead your opponents into snowstorms or even trick them into swimming with sharks.
- FUN as a priority, both in gameplay and in art style
- Play as cats or dogs
- Deep tactical gameplay that’s easy to learn and hard to master
- Focus on unit management, no resources or complicated base building
- Capturing strategic points on the map unlocks new units and other benefits
- Destructible environment elements
- Environmental hazards that can turn the tide of battle
- Comprehensive single-player campaign featuring animated comedy cutscenes
- Various multiplayer modes including co-op, PvP skirmishes and King of the Hill
Warpaws will feature a single-player campaign and a variety of multiplayer modes. Players can expect co-op mode, online versus mode, King of the Hill, and more.