Animal: Josie, 7, 47-pound women’s boxing mix.
Where: Rancho Coastal Humane Society, 389 Requeza Street, Encinitas. Open to adoptions from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. from Friday to Monday or Wednesdays and Thursdays by appointment. For more information on the adoption process, visit rhumanesociety.org.
Adoption Fee: $ 75, including microchip registration, sterilization, and up-to-date vaccinations.
Profile: Josie is a sweet female dog who gets along well with children ages 8 and up, as long as they respect her. When you pet her, Josie will lean against you to make the most of it. She’s a happy girl wiggling with her whole body, not just her cock.
More information: (760) 753-6413 or sdpets.org.
Other adoption centers:
• Helen Woodward Animal Care Center, 6461 El Apajo Road, Rancho Santa Fe, Rancho Santa Fe, (858) 756-4117, option # 1, or animalcenter.org.
• San Diego Humane Society, North Campus, 2905 San Luis Rey Road, Oceanside, (619) 299-7012 or sdhumane.org.
• San Diego County North Shelter, 2481 Palomar Airport Road, Carlsbad, (760) 438-2312 or sddac.com/north.asp.
• San Diego Humane Society, Escondido Campus, 3500 Burnet Drive, (619) 299-7012 or sdhumane.org.
• Dirty Little Paws Rescue, 3311 Vivienda Circle, Carlsbad (office only), (760) 576-8702, [email protected] or petfinder.com/shelters/CA2669.html.
• Fallbrook Animal Sanctuary, 230 Aviation Road, (760) 685-3533 or fallbrookanimalsanctuary.org.
• Animal shelter Camp Pendleton, Bât. 25132, (760) 725-8120 or petfinder.com/shelters/CA545.html.
• San Diego Humane Society, 5500 Gaines St., San Diego, (619) 299-7012 or sdhumane.org.
• El Cajon Animal Shelter, 1275 N. Marshall Ave., (619) 441-1580.
• Chula Vista Animal Care Facility, 130 Beyer Way, Chula Vista, (619) 691-5123.
• San Diego County South Shelter, 5821 Sweetwater Road, Bonita, (619) 263-7741 or sddac.com/south.asp. Please Note: This pet may have been adopted before posting.